Are you tired of drawing funny eyebrows on your face daily? Maybe you have been trying all kinds of makeup techniques as well as watching numerous YouTube videos on how to draw good eyebrows, but you still see no progress.
There is a better solution to handling your eyebrows. You can try micro blading. Microblading is a semi permanent solution that involves tattooing the eyebrows on the skin.
Though microblading sounds like a painful procedure, it actually hurts a lot less than you think. Tattooing is definitely more painful than microblading. The procedure will be worth it after it leaves you with brow hairs that seem real.
Microbladed eyebrows do not wash off! Is that not fantastic? No more spending hours in front of the mirror trying to fix your eyebrows, they remain perfect all day every day.
Are you curious about how long microbladed eyebrows last? Keep reading and find out.
A good microblader will first draw in your eyebrows to confirm if you like the shape. Doing this prevents any incidences where the client might complain about the shape and appearance of the eyebrows.
After receiving your confirmation of satisfaction with the eyebrow shape, the beauty technician then proceeds with the official microblading process.
Most beauty technicians prefer their clients to lie back on a clean bed resembling those of a hospital. It is easier to carry out a procedure on someone’s face or body when they are lying back as compared to them sitting up straight.
The microblader will then cut small visible cuts in and along your brow line as they deposit color pigments over your brow arches. For more realistic looking eyebrows suggest to the technician to use color pigments that resemble your hair color.
The pigments then seep into the cut skin to form hair like strokes on your brow area.
The procedure lasts for only one hour and is painless. You may feel a bit of discomfort during the process, but it is not painful. The feeling is almost similar to what you experience when threading your eyebrows.
After enduring the microblading procedure, you must now take care of your brand new eyebrows so that they can last as long as possible.
Generally, microbladed eyebrows last for about one to three years.
A week after getting the procedure done, avoid getting your face sweaty or wet to prevent the eyebrows from fading off.
If you have to work out, cover the eyebrows with an ointment to keep the cut skin with color pigments clean and safe from bacterial infections.
In case you have to work out or engage in a sweaty activity 24 hours after the procedure, you may use an antibacterial ointment to cover the eyebrows.
In case any scabs form on the skin because of the tiny cuts, avoid picking them and do not use any retinoid or acids on your skin, because the color pigments may fade away.
- Unlike other methods of eyebrow care, microblading will shape your eyebrows perfectly without needing you to lose some eyebrow hairs. Some procedures like using a razor blade may cut off most of your brow hair, giving them an unnatural appearance.
- Microblading helps to correct uneven eyebrows. If your eyebrows are unevenly shaped, the color pigments can help fill out the uneven parts.
- Microblading requires very little touch up procedures, unlike other procedures like threading which need touch ups after every two weeks.
- The microbladed eyebrows can last up to 3 years, and hence save you a lot of time and energy unlike other eyebrow techniques that require your daily attention.
- Microblading is efficient because you sleep and wake up with the same perfect eyebrows. Your makeup look remains consistent, unlike other methods that may leave you with different eyebrow shapes each day.
- If you have any health condition that resulted in the loss of all facial hairs, you can have your beautiful eyebrows back with this incredible semi permanent procedure.
- Your skin may get an infection in the microbladed part, because of exposure of open skin cuts as well as use of unsterilized equipment during the procedure.
- There is a probability that you may have an allergic reaction to the color pigments deposited inside your skin, leading to scarring.
- You should not wear any makeup around the eyes and eyebrows during the first few weeks.
- Microblading is costly to low income earners costing around $500 to $2000.
Before you decide on microblading, do your research and ensure the beauty technician has excellent skills and experience in the procedure.